When you think about it, our bosses make or break our experiences in the workplace. Over the course of my long, diverse professional career I’ve listened to scores of colleagues and peers complain about their “difficult bosses.” I’ve watched people weep with frustration, scream with rage, retreat into depression, and threaten to quit. During private coaching sessions clients frequently lament their bosses’ inadequate, inappropriate, or downright bad behaviors. It’s true: life with a difficult boss can be miserable. Life with a difficult boss can make you tired, scared, and sick.
Do YOU, personally, have a chronically difficult boss? Do you know someone who does? If you answered “yes” to one or both of these questions, read on. In this teleseminar I’m going to explore this touchy issue and show you how to cope. Why? Because I know that what you really want is SOME RELIEF and DIFFERENT RESULTS. I know this because I’ve been there.
The content of this teleseminar will cover the following:
- Root causes of difficult behavior in bosses
- Signs that you are working for a difficult boss
- Impact of a difficult boss upon you (physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually)
- Strategies for navigating your relationship with a difficult boss
- How to know when it’s time to leave
I invite your and your friends to register for this telephone event if:
- You know or suspect you have a difficult boss.
- You dread going to work each day because of your boss.
- You fantasize about working someplace else.
- You feel worn down by your boss’s behavior(s).
- You fear your boss.
- You believe your boss is hurting you.
- You can’t seem to communicate effectively with your boss.
- You don’t know how to make things better between you and your boss.
- You know something isn’t clicking between you and your boss but you can’t put your finger on it.
- You can’t please your boss.
- You don’t respect your boss.
- You feel like your boss makes your life harder than it needs to be.
- You feel like you and your boss are speaking different languages.
- You sense that your boss is standing in the way of your professional growth and development.
If you see yourself in any of the statements above, my teleseminar on November 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM EST is definitely for you. The information I share during this important call can help you to clarify and better understand your own experience. Further, it can help you to figure out how you can deal with your boss going forward. Remember: your overarching goal is to IMPROVE or at least NEUTRALIZE the situation. While it is ultimately your boss’s responsibility to change his/her behavior, it is totally possible for YOU to shift yours in a way that serves as a catalyst for those changes. And that, my friend, is how YOU get to claim your unique power.
I will give you strategies that will allow you to stand in your power so that you get some relief as well as results you need. Those results may come in the form of:
- Less frustration and anger
- Better communication between you and your boss
- Less confusion
- Greater trust between you and your boss
- Increased productivity
- More empathy for your boss
- Bigger responsibility
- Reduced fear
- Greater job fulfillment
- Fewer sick days
- Less emotional turmoil
- Less self-sabotage
- Reduced apathy toward work
What would it be like if things were even a little bit different? A little bit better? While you may not get ideal or perfect results, you can improve the situation to some extent by implementing even a couple of the strategies I give you. Don’t continue to suffer. Take action by choosing to hop on this call on November 28, 2012 at noon. Simply click here to register.
If you can’t join me “live,” it’s okay. Please register anyway. I will send you the recording within a couple of days after the event. Then you can listen to the teleseminar on your own time when it’s convenient for you.
Once you register, you will receive immediately confirmation by return email. The message you get will include the dial-in information as well as a handout related to the content. Click here to register.